Thursday, June 26, 2014

Week 17 - 27: Part III


My final share is a personal one. These aren't the pictures that show the best photographic skill, necessarily. In fact, I can quickly pick out settings that I would change on each picture. Instead, these are the pictures that touched my heart. Like the one above of my niece...to be that care free!!! I love her spirit and her ability to let go, and this picture, for me, captured the care free spirit that childhood is supposed to be about.



This one is of my daughter and I. The look of sweet innocence on her face is so special to me. It reminds me of the purity of childhood. And the joy on my face says it all...I love my babies. They bring a smile to my face and a song in my heart quicker than any other earthly person, event, etc that I can think of!

This one, well, it just kind of jumped out at me. Her look is a little mischievous, and that would describe her precisely at this moment. I was calling her to come to me, but she saw a toy she really wanted. Needless to say, the toy outweighed this mama's plea.

So, her daddy's going to hate this picture, but I love it! I was pushing her on the tire swing and playing around with different angles and shutter speeds, trying to freeze the motion in the picture. I love the way the frame draws your eye straight to that precious smile. This girl loves to be free, and her smile is plain ole infectious when she's flying through the air on a swing of any sort, not to mention a tire swing!!!

Do you see those two on that tire swing? The picture is a little blurry, they are a little out of frame, but I wouldn't trash it (or change it) for anything! He started with the funny faces, and then little sissy had to join in. My mother has her hands full with these two every single day while I'm at school. I know it's an exhausting (and sometimes daunting) task, but these pictures are proof that with the burden comes great, full-on joy!
 


And then, then there's my big boy. My oldest son. We're full swing into baseball right now, and his determination is amazing. Can I be real for just a moment? I was really worried about this summer. About being home with all of my children. About how I'd juggle the babies with the needs of my eldest, who can be a little intense from time to time. I have seen so much maturity in him this summer. He is amazing with his little sister, and does a great job of tolerating (and even helping) his little brother. His patience has surprised me, and his wisdom awed me. He's still a 7-year-old little boy, but I see such amazing traits of outstanding character in him...I'm just blessed and privileged to be his mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment