Thursday, June 26, 2014

Weeks 17 - 27: Part II



I decided to pick my camera up and try my hand at some indoor shots. I learned some valuable lessons doing this. First of all, shooting on manual mode indoors is HARD. Period. I see lots of great indoor photography, so, I can only assume that my learning to use an off-camera flash could only improve what I do in these lower light situations. (And I am in NO way saying that will be an easy task in the least!!) A lot of my photos were less than desirable in full color, and, if I'm being honest with myself (and you), they were a bit out of focus. 






That's where I learned the huge value of black and white. That simple color change, my friend, covered a multitude of photography sins! I played with back lighting in a number of B&W photos to darken out a busy, distracting background, as well as to focus in on the aspect of the frame that I wanted to bring attention to.



 While I'm not yet a pro at indoor photography or black and white photography for that matter, I must say that I was pretty pleased at how these shots turned out. I've always been a B&W fan, but it was pretty cool to know that I accomplished this! Oh, and there are a few pics that I took outside in full and speckled (shhh! don't tell the photog masters!) light conditions. The quality and nature of B&W is different depending upon the lighting situations.


 At any rate, I captured some beautiful pictures of my children. My three favorites of the past few weeks came from this group. They included the one of my middle child at the top of the page (although this was a sepia image and not a true black and white image), the one of my eldest son in his baseball uniform (holding his sister's baby), and this one of our baby girl. She has the sweetest look on her sweet little face. I could just snuggle her to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment