Sunday, July 27, 2014

Week 31: Vaca Time!!

Well, this week has been all about recovering from our vacation!!! We arrived back home on Tuesday following an 8 day hiatus, and, I must say, between the children and the drive, I am just starting to begin to kinda, sorta feel back to normal. Haha! All joking aside, I've tried to stay off this computer for the remainder of this week and just focus on getting the house back in order and spending time with the kiddos. I even managed to partake of two nap times this week. Whoop!!! Whoop!!!

During vacation I didn't really pull out the DSLR as much as I thought I would. I decided to give my cell phone a try. I've seen other photography blogs about learning to use the camera on your phone, and, while I had my reservations, whipping out my cell phone was a lot less cumbersome than lugging along the DSLR or taking the time to get it all set up. The only time I pulled out the DSLR was when we went swimming with Manatees in the wild...and I didn't even do the shooting! I set up the camera, but I had someone else taking the pictures so I could enjoy the babies!!! So, when you check them out all of the pictures (except the ones in the river with the manatees) are taken with a cell phone. Not to shabby, if I do say so myself!


Excited to see the manatees? Yep. Absolutely terrified, too? You betcha!

So, I was surprised to learn an interesting fact. See how you can see the manatee so clearly in this picture? Yeah, well, that isn't the case when you're actually in the water with them!!! When you're right on top of them like that you can't see anything but brown water. You have no idea where these gentle giants are, even when they're right under your feet, like in this picture!



This is our second "encounter" (i.e., the second time we got in the water with manatees). Joshua was a little scared (no shame there, believe me!) the first time, but he got right in this second time. I was SOOOOO proud of him...so, so, so proud!

Here are two manatees swimming side by side. I think this was the mommy and baby that we saw. We tried to not get too close, because it's really important not to come between or split up the mom and babe.


Miss Priss loved that pool! All cell phone shots from here on out!


Nana and her boy, Joe. Joshua's hand also made the frame, as well as my handsome hubby's dome!

Yes this was with my cell phone, and yes I love it. Beside catching my husband, mother, and child looking into the aquarium, I think it's a great shot of the dolphin. Notice anything different about this dolphin??? Notice it's tail. It's Winter! We went to the Clear Water Marine and Aquarium to see this amazing creature from Dolphin Tale, and all of her friends! It was a great adventure and very educational for the kiddos.

Below is the crazy teenager we took along. I was constantly finding these weird face selfies on my cell phone. And then check out my very own gator boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment