Tuesday, April 29, 2014

17/52: The Winstead Family


So, this week I'm back at it, snapping away, and I couldn't be happier!!! I had the privilege of taking some family pictures for a friend this weekend, and can I just tell you...I was SO nervous!!!!  Taking pictures of adults is one thing, but this request came with children and, despite having three myself, I was terrified!! All I could think of is the stress I fell every time I go to have pictures taken of our crew. I never get all of my children looking at the camera at the same time, someone is always a grouch, and I end up looking like a frazzled mess!



Well, I have to tell you, that was so NOT my experience this time! Being behind the lens is WAY less pressure and LOADS more FUN!!!! Taking pictures for a friend was an added bonus! Noah and Austin reminded me so much of my boys that it was uncanny! They were hamming it up, despite Nicole and Jonathan's best efforts to contain them, while I just moved around from spot to spot, behind the camera catching little shots and enjoying every single minute. It was, by far, more fun and less stress than I imagined it would be! Check out the images, and feel free to leave comments or critiques. I, of course, noticed lots of things that I could have done better or differently, but I'm so happy with the results, especially the images that really captured their personalities and the spirit of that day.





This may not be a "mantle worthy" picture, but I just couldn't help myself. Noah was a HOOT during the pictures, and this is just one of the many faces of Noah. I LOVED it!!!!


Happy snapping,
~ Melissa ~

No comments:

Post a Comment