Friday, April 4, 2014

12 and 13/52

HEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!! Someone that knows more than I do, PLEASE tell me what I was doing wrong!!!!

So, I have been pressed for time this week. In an effort to get my clicks in, I snapped some pictures of the kiddos this morning. They look awful! Grainy and poorly focused. Not at all what I typically produce.

It was a dreary day outside, but I used my expodisc to set my exposure and get my WB correct. I then took the pictures like normal, sitting in our living room. For each picture, I can tell you what the specs were. I was on a single focus point, which is what I typically use when I am trying to catch good images and want to control the focus. (SHOULD I TRY ANOTHER FOCAL SETTING???) I also remembered to increase my f-stop value when more than one kiddo crammed into the picture. I will say that I noticed that the grain lessened in the pictures where my daughter was right at the window, which is also when the ISO went down. Needless to say, getting this right will be my focus for the coming week!!!


                ISO 6400   f/4   1/160                                                          ISO 2500   f/4   1/160




         ISO 640      f/1.8        1/160      
                  ISO 1000       f/1.8       1/160

I took this picture later in the afternoon, and tried to pay more attention to my exposure and all the little details. I think the focus is still a little off. The problem is that I'm so occupied with finishing up the end of the semester, that I haven't been keeping up with the photography part. I just hope this sweet friend can see the beauty that I do in these shots!

ISO400     f/1.8     1/80


No comments:

Post a Comment