Friday, January 10, 2014

Week 3: Manual Mode


I couldn't help but post this ad. It made LOL, literally! Can't wait to possess that knowledge and hear those words prance through my mind as my hubs and I sit on a beach some day. Of course, those words will, no doubt, be competing with the incessant cries of our children, but then that's another blog!












The good news is that in the first two weeks, I know that F8 refers to aperture and 1/250 refers to shutter speed. Didn't know that on December 31!! Now the trick is learning what apertures and shutter speeds I need under what conditions!!!

In the first two weeks I've found a number of topics that I want to explore in greater depth, like back button focusing, changing my focal point, ISO, focal length, and a deeper understanding of aperture. Rest assured, those will all be readings throughout the next 49 weeks, but for now, I'm taking it back to basics with Courtney Slazinik's overview of manual mode (perhaps that should have been week one...oopsies!) and Josh's Beginner's Guide to Photography. I'm sure this little read will take me to some other areas, so I'll be certain to add those when I post the end of week pics next Friday.


But for now, pause. Take a deep breath. Do it now!!! This photog stuff can be a little overwhelming. That's when I cut off the computer and turn on the camera. Those rapid little clicks are music to my ears and they send the stress monsters running. Can you hear them now? I sure can!!!

Happy snapping,

~ Melissa ~

Are you doing a Project 52? If so, what are you focusing on this week? Share with us all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment