Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week 5: Hodge Podge


I chose this cartoon, because it is EXACTLY how I felt this afternoon...the out of focus part, that is. I was in a situation where the indoor lighting was poor. I adjusted my exposure, aperture, shutter speed, and white balance, but still my pictures were dark. My only option was the dreaded auto setting, since I knew enough to know that I didn't know how to fix it. (To all you veteran photogs out there...what should I have tried????) So, at any rate, I was taking pictures of my niece and sister-in-law. I got a few precious shots of them, but my SIL was a sharp, crisp (incredibly beautiful) image, while her precious munchkin was a bit of a blur. In just four short weeks I have most definitely become an auto moder hater; a photog snob, as my SIL and I joked :)! OH MY!!! I'm lovin' it, though!

Any who! This week I'm continuing to learn about composition. For those rookies (ummm I'm including myself right here) out there, composition is a BIG topic. I might be here for the next several weeks!!! I'm going to take a look at a few more reads from the Expert Photographer, Patrick this week on dynamic tension and juxtaposition this week, but I'm also going to start learning about shooting in different lighting conditions. I'm not doing this because I'm absolutely nuts (although my friends and family may say that's true). Nope, I have my first non-family, scheduled ahead of time, real deal photography session this week.

EEEEKKKKK!!!!! I'm totally excited and nervous all at the same time! I'll be taking engagement pictures for a friend of mine and her fiancé. I told her I'd do them on one condition, that we do them early enough that if they totally suck, then she still has time to get some taken by a "real" photographer. LOL!!! I've got SOOOOO much to learn, but I do LOVE what I'm learning.

So, what have you got on tap for this week? Leave me a message. I'd love to connect with you.

Happy Snapping,
~ Melissa ~

No comments:

Post a Comment