Saturday, March 1, 2014

8/52

While I have a "topic" that I'm looking into each, I find that I keep circling back to previous topics. The more I learn, the more I realize how much I need to learn about those basic concepts. Any who! On to what I did this week...

So, I learned about the RAW shooting and I LOVE it! I love the control that it gives me in post-processing when the lighting conditions aren't just right and I need to make some tweaks. The majority of my focus wasn't on this topic, though.

I have been playing with metering modes, particularly spot metering, and I was having such a hard time nailing my focus while getting the exposure (metering aspect) just right. It was INFURIATING. If I'm being honest, I was to the point that I wasn't sure if this journey was going to last. Mama was fed up!!


Then, my sister-in-law had asked me to take some pictures of her precious little family, and I decided it was time to "figure this thing out", an expression I take unapologetically from my father. So glad that I didn't give up!!!! I found the mother load of Canon resources, and these two were particularly helpful as I thought about exposure and nailing my exposure and focus.

And check out my gorgeous SIL and her pooch. She is absolutely STUNNING and makes any picture better just by being in it, but hopefully I got a thing or two right ;).

Happy Snapping,
~ Melissa ~

No comments:

Post a Comment