Saturday, March 1, 2014

Week 9: What Happens in the Dark Room...


...stays in the dark room. Bahahahahaha!! I just love that cartoon! To be honest, I miss the days of film pictures. I miss the excitement of taking the photos to be developed (in an actual photo lab), and coming back to see what came out...especially when I found random rolls of film under the couch or in a drawer. I never knew what I'd find when those bad boys were developed! Oh well the days of film photography have stepped aside and digital photography has risen. (FYI: shooting in RAW is the digital equivalent of having a virtual dark room on your computer :])

So shooting my SIL last week made me realize that I have A LOT to learn about photography. She is beautiful (which makes my job harder to screw up), and, thankfully, she loved the shots. I, however, was less than happy, "overly critical" according to her sweet spirit.

I found that getting the exposure just right is both absolutely essential and an area where I can use all the help that I can get! I shoot in natural light settings, and it's harder than you would think!!! So, I found this tutorial to help me along the way. I also managed to snag a new ExpoDisc. I'm going to try that bad boy out tomorrow and see how it goes. It's supposed to help with white balance and nailing my exposure. I'll be sure to let you know how it went in the weekly blog.

So, what are you shooting this week? Leave a little comment love and let us all know.

Happy Snapping,
~ Melissa ~

No comments:

Post a Comment